Getting a text from mom with your iPad on Airplay, getting kicked out of liturgies, forgetting it is spirit day: CB is filled with awkward situations. 1) Narrow doorways: Rubbing shoulders, getting bumped into by giant freshman backpacks, and being uncomfortably close to someone you’ve never met: nothing is more awkward than the small entrance […]
Getting a text from mom with your iPad on Airplay, getting kicked out of liturgies, forgetting it is spirit day: CB is filled with awkward situations.
1) Narrow doorways: Rubbing shoulders, getting bumped into by giant freshman backpacks, and being uncomfortably close to someone you’ve never met: nothing is more awkward than the small entrance intersecting the language and freshmen hallways, where the whole student body seems to try to fit through during passing periods.
2) Long hallways: When you have to leave class for something and it’s just you and another person on a long cement stretch. You don’t quite know when to acknowledge them, but they keep making eye contact with you…awk!!!
3) Valentine’s Day hearts: When a random student has your heart and you don’t know how to ask for it back. When your heart is on the ground. When a heart was never even made for you!! Valentine’s Day offers a plethora of awkward situations and our CB heart tradition can definitely add to the mess.
4) Dressing for the wrong spirit day: everyone else seemed to get the memo that “dress like a banana” day was canceled. Or when it’s blue out day and you’re the only one in all grey…
5) When you know you’re out of dress code and have to go to the office: Just made the most traumatizing eye contact with the dean in my leggings and flannel.
6) Collecting trash: Did I really just ask my ex for their garbage because I was out of dress code? Can I just put them in the bag?
7) Getting a blessing during communion: They see you crossing your arms and you see the slight panic in their eyes as they realize they are going to have to make up a blessing right on the spot. The awkwardness of not being baptized into the Catholic Church is a struggle.
8) Forgetting how to start prayer: Nothing worse than being asked to lead prayer and instead of starting off with “let us remember” you spit out “live Jesus in your hearts”
9) Getting an embarrassing text message while giving a presentation with your iPad on AirPlay: Your mom texts you to make sure you pick up your prescription for your rash… RIGHT in the middle of your report
10) Getting caught playing games on the pad: The almighty of CB awkward situations. When you’re in high school and your teacher catches you playing mermaid salon or candy crush on your iPad in the middle of a lecture… Totally worth it though.
11) When you have to shop for your mom in the student store: Your mom has been bugging you for weeks about getting that new t-shirt she saw on another mom. She asks you to try it on, “because you’re like, basically the same size”.
12) When you get caught talking during liturgy: The walk of shame. That awkward moment when a teacher makes you sit away from your friends and you have to chill by yourself in the corner.