Category: Community

Trickle Down Reelconomics

All of us have taken classes where we wondered whether this class would be useful in the real world. However taking Economics at CB is certainly not o...

Dress Code Disregarded

The CB dress code. A policy that is almost universally disliked by CB students. Everyone wants to wear sweats or jeans to school, but no one wants to ...

Mending the Generational Divide: We Are Not All As Different As It Seems

(illustration by Kenny Ortiguesa ’22) Christian Brothers’ campus is brightly painted with various generations which is a part of the reaso...

How Politics Permeate Personal Relationships

As politics have become more prominent parts of our lives over the years, political differences in interpersonal relationships have become far more pr...

Working To Make A Difference

About a year ago, my friend Liz Cotillo (‘21) had recommended me to work at a residential home called Eskaton in Gold River. She had been working th...

Dialogue & Deliberation In Model United Nations

Throw 20 high schoolers in a room and give them eight hours to form coalitions and solve the Israeli-Palestinian crisis — that’s Model UN in a...

An Anti-Breakout Room Manifesto By Margaret Wanket

(illustration by Kenny Ortiguesa ’22) It’s that time of class again. We’re about to be sent into breakout rooms to discuss and then ...

Salvaging Senior Year

For the Class of 2021, senior year is a year that many seniors have anticipated since the time they were a freshman: the last year before their high s...

The Screen Time Experiment

In the final stretch of our third quarter, my screen time has shot through the roof. As soon as I wake up, I begin scrolling through notifications, fi...

What’s Under The Hood? Inside The Rising Sacramento Car Scene

It is a Saturday night within the Sacramento area, and you are about go to to bed until you hear the cars revving, the turbo of a car going off, and t...

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/cbtalon.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/slickquiz/php/slickquiz-front.php on line 59