Category: Community

CB Students Weigh In On the Presidential Election

Whether or not you’re of age to vote, the upcoming 2020 election is extremely important. You will be directly affected by the outcome of this el...

New Moons Leaving Students Out Of Tune

We’ve all heard the myth about people turning into werewolves. Some are quick to debunk the Moon having control over someone’s persona, but is thi...

How CB Students Get Their News

“Fake news” has become a widespread phrase in our world today. With so many different ways to obtain information and the internet not alwa...

Among Our Hearts

So there’s this thing going on, I don’t know if you’ve heard of it, but it’s called “a Global Pandemic”, and becau...

The Coffee Trials

It’s 7:55 AM. You have a test today and are hoping you get to school in time after your coffee stop that took longer than planned. Thoughts race thr...

COVID Halloween: A Change In Plans

The weather is getting colder, leaves are changing colors, and Spirit Halloween is back in business. After months of quarantine and fear of COVID-19, ...

Puzzling Propositions: A Breakdown Of The 2020 California Ballot Initiatives

This election season, Californians have 11 ballot initiatives on which to vote. These propositions can appear daunting to understand, so I decided to ...

11 Hours, Seven Minutes: Why Do We Spend So Much Time On Our Screens?

I’ve noticed a disturbing trend in my own life. Since quarantine started, my screen time has gone from maybe five hours a day to consistently al...

Quarenteens: Keeping Connections Online

Friends come and go, but the best ones last through all of life’s hardships and chaos. Not only is online school affecting our academics, but it is ...

Get Outta Town! CB Students & Teachers Take On School Away From Home

As with many things in 2020, if you told me last year that we could be on vacation AND go to school at the same time, I would have thought it was impo...