Category: Community

Holidays During The Lockdown

The winter season is the time of the holidays. But the ongoing pandemic has cancelled numerous planned trips. Adaptions must be made for those who sti...

Christmas Before Thanksgiving?

You know what they say about Christmas — it’s the most wonderful time of the year. But can the most wonderful time of the year come too ea...

The Gift Of Fostering Animals

Have you ever wondered where all of the young animals at shelters are? Why you’re more likely to see dogs and cats over a newborn kitten? What about...

Whatcha Watchin’? Streaming Suggestions From CB Students & Teachers

High school students generally learn how to cut corners on assignments in order to be able to go to that party or football game. Since neither are acc...

Quarantine Me Time

Throughout this pandemic, the CB community has had to stay at home and learn on calls with their classmates. With the transition to HyFlex periods and...

Pass The Protein: My Five-Day Vegan Challenge

When I tell people I’m vegetarian, the most common response is an unintentionally passive aggressive, “Oh.” Followed by an intention...

How Teachers Are Adapting To The Hyflex Schedule

The California color coded Covid tier system ranges from purple (widespread outbreak) , red (substantial), orange (moderate), and yellow (minimal). A ...

Famous Last Words

When it comes time to pick your senior quotes, the pressure’s on. Deciding one phrase or sentence to symbolize your high school experience can be qu...

Environmentalism Made Easy

In recent years, climate change and environmentalism have grown in popularity among Generation Z. While some feel discouraged and anxious about the fu...

All Gas, No Brakes: Student Driving

At the time of writing this, I can’t drive yet; my test is in about a week. But I really want to drive. And as I’ve been watching my peers...