Category: Community

Is Leaving The Nest The Best?

I think at one point or another we have all wanted to go away for college, whether it’s to get away from parentals or just for a change of scene...

Which Hood Is Good In The 916?

(image courtesy of Creative Commons) Sacramento is undoubtedly one of the coolest cities on the West Coast and is beginning to really put itself on th...

Forty Days Of Promise & Praise

Lent is perhaps the most important time in the Catholic liturgical year: a time of preparation, reflection, and for many, personal improvement. While ...

It’s Not You, It’s Me

The din of the restaurant consists of people chattering and utensils clattering above the songs of the mariachi band. The scent of carnitas and salsa ...

Life Pro-Tip: Sign Up For Scrip

Let’s face it: raising money for our school is hard. After a week of stress, toil, and sleep deprivation, the very thought of going out to the Falco...

Cracking Eggs At The Crack Of Dawn

It’s 5:20 A.M. My alarm goes off for the third time. I ask myself multiple times if I should just go back to sleep and go next week. I eventually mo...

Seniors: Scary Or Sweet?

With crowded hallways and noisy gymnasiums, high school is a place for more than textbooks. It can be the happiest, most confusing and scariest time o...

Be Selective About Your Electives

Freshman and Sophomore year you take the courses you need to, but junior and senior year you get to take the electives you want. This chance to pic...

Résumé Do’s & Don’ts

Since its creation in 1482 by Leonardo da Vinci, the résumé has grown to become one of the most important parts of any application process. Through ...

Early Bird Gets The Word

Essays. Letters of Recommendations. Test Scores. E-mails. The college application process is a stressful and intense time for everyone. Deciding where...